best programming language to start with except VB

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends on what you want to do
general programming across any platform: C
web: PHP,HTML,JAVA

Pascal is a higher level language than C, from my experience not as portable or versatile either, kind of a structured version of BASIC.

These days, now that OS X is around and linux is gaining popularity, C has become prettymuch standard.Windows is the only OS that doesnt come ready to start programming in C, thats an add on for windows.

i am learning java in a PC class. And we do have problems for the IB fromt he previous year in C++ or some others also, they look VERY much alike. So once you know a programing language, it isnt THAT hard to learn others. Just make shur w/e u one you pick, make shur you stick with it till you know it pretty well.

I would suggest, as I always do, C# or Java. Both are fairly easy, yet very powerful. Although, it really does depend on what you're wanting to do with this language.

well i've never programmed anthing yet in my entire life. My greatest IT experience was configuring basic RH Linux settings and installing XPDE under it. what i want to program are just simple apps like a file copier or a file menu program under a more complicated programming language than VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom