Best Language/ web browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehaku

Solid State Member
I have two questions for you all

1. I've been messing around with VB 2008 but I don't like having to deal with the .net framework i want to learn a language that will allow me to just make a normal executable file with out needing any extra crap, i was wonder what language would you all would recommend.

2. also i would like to learn to create a web browser of my own and not just one based on the IE Browser (like you can do in VB 2008) because i don't like using IE in general especially if it's going to have my name on it, i mean if I'm going to make a program I want to be able to say that i did it.

Your looking at C++ .. get Visual C++ and it will create your stand-alone EXE file ;)

It will be a bit hard learning the language but will pay off in the end.

I stopped programming in C# because of the annoying .NET Framework.

I wouldn't knock the .NET framework it provides many extremely good standard classes which you won't find with C++. Unless you use the STL and Boost, even then some functionality have no equivalent to the .NET framework. Remember that .NET use a 'virtual machine' to that runs JIT compiled programs. This makes to extremely easy to port applications to different platforms. Granted .NET languages are tied to Windows, but consider the Mono project or Java. You will find this really useful when you develop an application for multiple platforms. No need for conditional compilation and linking for each platform. However if you are wanting speed and a language that is very flexible then C++ is great. Even though a web browser written in VB, C# or Java is fine. Finally, considering you have used VB be aware that C++ is not as friendly a language. Even experience programmer make mistakes using C++ (for example). I'm not trying to convince to stick with VB and .NET, just be aware of what to expect from C++.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom