beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
what is the correct name for virtual machine its called something beans, i forget a lady told me at college yesterday ,but doing i forget, i tried downloading microsoft virtual machine yesterday but it said i dont have compatable os, the reason i want this beans one is they are doing away with java at college and programming is going to be in c++ c#, i would also like any usefull links for programming as i have not done any before thank you in advance.

Well I am a bit confused with something. I don't know of a virtual machine like _____Beans.

"Virtual machines" are not for programming purposes.

However, there is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) called "Net Beans", which is an IDE for creating Java Applications and Java Applets, from Sun Microsystems, which has recently been bought out by Oracle.

Net Beans (if this is what you mean) can be found here

In addition, hollyoaks777, if you want to get a good (and free) IDE for C++, C#, and Visual Basic you can download Visual Studio Express Edition. Totally free. There are other IDE's you could try but this one is absolutely free and works well.

http://www.microsoft.com/Express/

i think i will go for your oldskool as the colleges are doing away with java for some reason the lady didn't say why but its all goin to be c++ and c# from august

I think that it might be in part due to that Sun Microsystems was bought out by Oracle and though I believe Java will be around for a long time, maybe there is some doubt about in what capacity it will take. I mean to say, new text books will have to be written with all the new copyright stuff, etc.

But I think the biggest reason some schools may be migrating to other solutions such as C++ and C# classes is these two languages are extremely poplular with programmers and probably would suit students' collective needs more appropriately in a standard academic environment.

The Microsoft Press series of books are the official books, I would start there first. However, there are many excellent tutorials on line, and when I get a chance I can post some links for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom