Basic Game Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedKnight

Beta member
Does any one know any free or easily attainable software that I can use to make and play some small games or techno music? I'm trying to get into game making but first I need to make a sample for a company before they will pay for my education. It doesn't need to include tutorials but it would be nice if it did. And any help would be much appreciated. BTW, i have a 64 bit OS, 2 gigs of ram, and only about 50 gigs open on my HD.

I haven't gone through any training for scripts yet. I need to make the sample before I can get funded for that. Preferably something like 3DS Max or something where I can make my models and that but something free.

Why would they pay for your stuff if you have absolutely no knowledge of this area?

It's a small local company trying to get started so they cant be to picky. they have the funding to pay for the first 18 people to learn more about it. In This area they'll be lucky to get that many that know what the **** a computer is let alone know how run a game on it. They plan on producing games and getting them sent out in mass with the help of Blizzard for a little, with a small assistance fee of course, but the thing is that if anyone wants to get employed there they have to show that they have an interest and at least a basic understanding of gaming. I shouldn't have to go into full detail about why I need this software, just the fact that I need it and its out there should be enough. If one of the higher ranked people asked for the software you would give them the links at the drop of a hat, so I don't get why i have to tell you my whole life story to get a little info on the subject. Believe it if you want but if you all were any kind of human you would help me just because you have the knowledge.

I'm trying to get into game making but first I need to make a sample for a company before they will pay for my education.
If you need to make a sample BEFORE this company will fund your education, then you should already have an idea of how to do it. If you don't, then you're probably not what the company is looking for.

Believe it if you want but if you all were any kind of human you would help me just because you have the knowledge.
Being human has nothing to do with it, but based on what you've said, you have a long way to go before you're ready to make a game. I'm assuming you don't know how to program, so you should probably start there. Find out what language the company writes their games in, buy a book or two about the language, and start reading and doing the exercises in the book(s).

the main issue is the software. i know a small bit about mac programing from hs but its a pc company.

Honestly, I think you're going in the wrong direction here. You are not even good at programming and you except to work for a company to earn for an education.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom