"Baby" content management systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rybrns

Beta member
Previous posts recommended Mambo Server as a solution to user authentication. I looked at that software, but it's really an entire web development system.

Is there anything smaller that can be used as a module (like formmail, for example) that supports user authentication including registration, updating a profile, changing email addresses and passwords, etc. that doesn't involve an entire web development package?

My hosted server supports PHP and mySQL and I have access only to a cgi-bin folder at my site's root level. I'd like to add a section to the site, which is totally public, that is accessed through a login.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm nowhere good enough to do that. I was hoping that something had already been written to do this.

Do you have any programming experience? If you do, then this task is probably much easier than you think.

That may be true, but I try to avoid the wheel re-invention trap. If there's a module already written and published, it's likely that it's been debugged fairly well, and all that.

If you're not an expert, then "wheel reinvention" is an excellent way to increase your skills and understanding. It's not a difficult task, so give it shot. If you run into problems, post your code and we'll help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom