Automatically add a user during imaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

color

Beta member
Hey all,

So I work in RIT at a hospital and we're getting ready to deploy a bunch of computers. Right now we are using a program called Universal Imaging Utility (UIU) to create our images. UIU reads a file called sysprep.inf upon boot, and you can edit it to automatically join a domain, etc. However, my boss has requested that I make it so that once UIU automatically adds a user account under Administrators (right click my computer -> manage -> local users and groups -> groups -> double click Administrators).
screen shot

I would like to add the user "desktop" under the domain MEEI to the admin list. My best guess is that this requires editting the sysprep file, but I'm not positive. Here's what my sysprep file looks like right now.

;Read comments and make additions as required
[Unattended]
OemSkipEula=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
UpdateInstalledDrivers=yes
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=********
;*** Enter local administrator password here
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=35
;*** East=35 East(Indiana)=40 Central=20 Mountain=10 Mountain(Arizona)=15 Pacific=4 Alaska=3 Hawaii=2
OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData] ;For Windows XP a Volume License Key is required to avoid activation
FullName=MEEI
OrgName=MEEI
ComputerName=*
ProductID=***********************

[Display] ;Change display settings to desired settings
BitsPerPel=32
Xresolution=1024
YResolution=768
Vrefresh=75

[Identification] ;Domain or Workgroup settings. Delete ";" and add necessary information
JoinDomain=meei.harvard.edu
DomainAdmin=Colombr
DomainAdminPassword=*********
;JoinWorkgroup=XXXXXXXXXX

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[SysprepCleanup]

I have no clue what to do and I'm having a tough time googling this. Thanks for the help!

Actually maybe if I added the desktop group prior to imaging it will copy over to the new computer? The only problem is that it's not a local account, but an account in the domain. And I'm not part of the domain untill UIU adds me to it. Unfortunately we don't have the space available right now to let me upload and test a ~10gb image.

hmm, I'm not sure how adding a user under a domain is different to just adding another user normally. ( I haven't done anything with domains in a heck of a long time :)) IS there any change? e.g. normally I'd just go to user accounts and click 'create a new user' etc.
If you can clear that up for me I can probably write you something. If it's different, just describe what you do instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom