Audio web site (need advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DISK

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I am trying to design a web site that will allow me to access my music collection from anywhere. I have my music in mp3 format on my home server. The server is running Windows Server 2003 and I have both IIS and Windows Media Services installed.

Using the site, I want to be able to have a drop-down menu that will allow me to select an artist and then another to be able to select an album. I have M3U files for all albums.

I was thinking of embedding Windows Media Player into the site but have not had much luck with figuring out how to implement this.

I am using Dreamweaver 8 for the coding/design. I am needing some advice on exactly how to implement this site. Can I use just simple HTML/CSS and embed Windows Media Player? Or will I need to figure out PHP or some other language?

i would prolly use php or asp to code the web pages. you would have to open a file system object (ASP) to get a listing of all your mp3s. then i suggest trying to drill into the ID3 tags to pull the artists, album titles, and song titles. Next, setup a javascript template for the drop down boxes and have php/asp fill the boxes by iterating through all the files. you may have to submit the data back to the server to pull up a page with wmp embedded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom