Ascii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easymoney26

Solid State Member
Ok, so i want to create a name for HALO using ASCII chararcters, but I cant type them without a side numeric pad (I think) and i have a laptop. I bought a USB numeric pad but it didnt work. Im running windows XP proffessional. I also thought about having my friend create the Halo profile on his computer and then send me the file but i cant locate where Halo keeps the profiles in its directory. Any suggestions?

I would show you if i could. But i cant type the characters which are usually formed by holding Alt+(a three digit code like 0222)

Thanks, but is there any other way with a laptop? I already got a usb numeric pad and it didnt work. (See original post)

Can't you go into the Character Map in windows and copy them? I think it is: Start>Programs>Accessories>(something)>Character Map.

I have an onscreen keyboard in that section Greg, good thinking. Unfortunatley Halo runs on a higher priority then the keyboard so i cant use it while in halo.

your numlock button on your labtop will make the right hand side of your keyboard a numpad. you kinda have to figure out which one is what number. but it works.
Well wait that is kinda wrong... some labtops you have to hit function numpad or some such... but it is in there

Faf, you are a genius, i had to use the numberlock, along with the function key and the alt key to make the characters... After months, you have solved my problem. Thank you my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom