AOL Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computerblues

Solid State Member
I own a Toshiba laptop with a faulty CD-ROM. .It won't read or write. The OS is Windows XP. I need to install AOL and this is what I figured out and did but to no avail.
Since my CD-ROM doesn't work I thought that by copying the AOL installation program from the CD to a jump drive I would be able to run the AOL set up.
The AOL installation program is over 400 Mb and my jump drive holds 128 Mb so this is what I did. I created a folder named AOL in my C drive, then I copied to my jump drive some of the AOl folders on the CD and then from my jump drive to the AOL folder in C. I did it several times until I was able to save all the installation folders from the AOL CD to jump drive to C's AOL folder.
So far so good. All the installation folders are now on C, but when I click on the AOL set up icon or go to run and then type in set up, nothing happens.
Did I do something wrong? or what I figured out is not viable?.
Any suggestion(s) will be very much welcomed.
Thank you all for your time and advice.

This isn't a programming question. It seems to me it'd be better suited for the Software, Windows, or Hardware forum....depending on which part you're having a problem with.

solutions:
{
1.get a spliter program, to split the file into smaller pieces,
becuase when you do it manually sometimes it just screws up

2.give the file to a friend and either:
{
1.have it direct send to you over
the intronet
2.FTP it from another comp. to
yours
}
3. the aol install does not work in any situation and thus your
comp. can not use it
}
if (solution works)
{
cout << "Nobin is the greatest";
}

Thank you for your suggestion but, how can a friend send me the program via internet when my laptop doesn't have internet access.I don't have any program installed. If that were the case I will simply log in using an ISP and then download AOL.

Hello Pratik,

Your reply shows how high your IQ is . I have read that phosphorus is good for the mind. Doctors recommend it to increase ones ability to think. I have also read that fish is a very good source of phosphorus, therefore , as per your reply I will recomend that you eat more fish, maybe a couple of whales per week, so you can increase your phosphorus intake and therefore raise your IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom