Any Help Appreciated ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Help Appreciated

Christopher..I am afraid I always struggle following directions...I have installed jEdit......I clicked Search...and then clicked Find (in the drop down panel)...this opened up a "Search and Replace" Window....
I checked Regular Expressions and unchecked Ignore Case...

I hope I am right so far....but I am lost now ?
Do I copy/paste both expressions into the "Search For" window...

I have attached a gif of what I see on my desktop..

Ron

Attachments

• jedit.gif
    25.4 KB · Views: 23
Paste it into "Search for:", keep "Ignore case" checked.

What the company said is what I was afraid of. If you have cases where an entire file is in tact within other files, you can recover it. They are saying that is not the case, and that the data has been corrupted.

If we can get a decent regular expression working, we can pull of what we *think* are the files, but there is no guarantee any of them will be OK. It looks like we may have to alter the strategy a bit, but I will need to play around wit the files a bit more. Send me a PM over the weekend to remind me.

Any Help Appreciated

Christopher ...The File I sent to Tabledit may have been a poor choice so I will send another .....
I apologise for not understanding how you intend me to use jEdit....Do both codes you supplied actually go in the search window.....Would it be too much to ask for a step by step instruction ....I presume once a code is put in one has to set up the program to do a search ......

Thanks Ron

Attachments

• jedit3.gif
    48 KB · Views: 20
What you have in there is fine. Just hit "Find". I need to dig around the files you 've posted though, and don't have the time to do it right now. You can remind me this weekend in case I forget.

Any Help Appreciated

Christopher..I have tryed my best to understand and use jEdit.......but unfortunately it just not make sense to me ......

I have spent most of the weekend searching for headers etc using a small "file Finder Utility" ..Although I can find 300 plus ...the simple fact is that the only ones I can identify are those with a "title" in their heading .....all the rest I cannot identify unless they can be extracted and played.....and how many of these have their structure intact I would not know... but probably not many if any.....

I have no understanding of programing so I am just lost here...

Ron.

Christopher..Further to the above....I wonder if there is a program that
for want of better words takes a "picture" and then searches a PC for the same....
What I am trying to get at here....I could easily write in Tabledit the first couple of measures of a lost transcription .....If the information within those couple of measures could then be used in a search for exactly the same ... that would surely turn up the full transcription if it was indeed still on the computer.

Just like a "file finder" ... but of course one that uses binary language or whatever the language Tabledit uses and not text ..

I just thought it worth asking.. Regards Ron.

I've been playing around with a few things. Sorry to say but I don't think we'll be able to pull out that data. If we had the source code to the program and a couple of weeks, we may be able to put something together that can look for valid segments of files. For now, though, I think we are out of luck, especially without a greater understanding of the file format. Even if we had some good headers to work from, I don't think I would be able to pull it off. If there is a data miner here, please chime in.

Christopher..I understand..theres just too many files and file fragments..The Data Recovery Company has been extremely good to me and I gathered from them that with cooperation from Tabledit they could have done more for me.. I presume they are talking about the same info as you are..
I am just going to have to try and redo all the files from scratch..

Thanks very much for all the help you have given me..
It was very much appreciated.
Regards Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom