Well....

It will be 85f tomorrow, but then the high will be back down to 79. Texas is real stupid when it comes to October and November because it can't make up its mind between warm and nice.

Started the folding. According to Tracker V2 I'm doing 29k stock. That went up over 26k in the past 5 minutes though. This CPU is totally beast man. Encoded a 48GB video to 2.24GB with very little loss in video (still 1080p res) in less than 20 minutes.

NIce, my sr-2 is getting 65k ppd on v7 smp My 560ti gets 14k

I'm thinking your cpu may only go up 2 to 3000 ppd with out the gpu.

Some nice numbers, much better ppd/watt I bet than me.

At 4.2GHz full load with HT I'm barely pulling 150w. The GPU is pulling more and I'm considering cutting it from folding because the fan is annoying going up and down even when set to full. Much like 550ti guy this card is locked a top of 85% and it moves up to 100 itself which is quite annoying.

Without the GPU it was doing different units and getting only around 24k. When I got home with the 580 I noticed it was doing better units bringing in more score. I'll probably just leave it to do its thing.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm 85% sure Swiftech will be sending me a 2011 block to use so if that happens I'll be back under custom water for more OCing headroom. I'm only pushing 1.95v at 4.2GHz so plenty of room to go.

V7 has some good units, and some horrible units. Right now I'm only getting 47k ppd vs the 68k I was getting yesterday.

Once I switch over to Ubuntu I'll go back to bigadv units.

I'm running a h100 on my 950 right now, and Its actually doing good, compared to my old nh-12 cooler in my 650D.

I'll be push/pulling my 2 hyper 212+s on the sr-2, so I might get a few more mhz out of it, but it might not be worth it. Sometimes being cheap bites me, the cpu only have a 17x multi

I would hope the 120.2 water system would beat the air cooler lol.

From what I'm being told if I have any other non-Swiftech stuff in my loop they might swap me. So possibly a bigger rad, who knows. Water on my 580 would be baller and then I would for sure fold on it.

Back
Top Bottom