Well....

PP Mguire

Build Guru
3qlb64.jpg

That means folding for me. Unfortunately, I can only do one CPU as I have no Nvidia GPU's in my machine.

Google what PPD a stock 3960x running full blast will grant and that's what I shall receive. I'm hoping pretty high. I have a Q8200 in my server but not sure I want to run it as it is in an unvented coat closet.

How fast? As at 4.5Ghz you could run bigadv for about 95K + ppd. BUT thats a 3hr margin to deadline running 24/7 obviously, and possibly in linux.

But i think smp is around 40ish maybe. You will need to see what the hit is running a gpu, i don;'t think its a good idea.

For a comparision...I'm getting about that on my 2p @ 3.1Ghz in a linux vm. I'm swappping o ubuntu this weekend and running it dedicated for bout 110kppd .

I'm running stock. When I tried doing just 4ghz this **** board was buzzing under load. I'll be receiving a new board sometime soon but then I need a new block for my water loop before I do any decent OC on this CPU. By the time all that happens it will probably be spring again.
The only time I can fold is during the winter due to the mass amounts of heat and it lowers the electric bill a bit compared to running the heater.

Back
Top Bottom