Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press_Corpse

In Runtime
Well microcenter is having a sweet deal on 2600k's and I picked one up to upgrade/replace my 2500k.

I plan on making a second folding rig using the 2500k when mb and case choices are made... I'm looking at something as small as possible I can keep on my desk. I was looking at the fractal designs mini but I think that is still too big. Im looking towards picking a micro atx. All I will be doing is folding.

So expect my ppd to raise in the coming days! :lol:

I was actually thinking about picking up one of these Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard What do you guys think? This may end up having a dual use.. HTPC to watch movies on my 55in plasma and folding 100% otherwise

Quite funny you posted up that link, I had picked one for some other teenager in the uk at another forum.
That price was going for 79.00 at UK price part picker.
I recommend you get it, it has plenty of features in a compact size matx format.
Make sure you get some good 120mm fans on it to keep the system cooled down during the summer whiles its chuggin away.

Slowly picking up parts for this spare system.

I will be using that gigabyte board along with this (Newegg.com - LIAN LI Black Aluminum PC-C33B ATX Media Center / HTPC Case ) To keep it looking pretty under my dish network box.

This will be used 95% for folding and the rest to watch movies. I think it will fit in nicely :) I think I may need to find a good low profile cooler to keep this 2500k cool.

When you get your media center built up and start folding, let us know how she does on a long a3 + a4 core while folding and get a readout from task manager when you do. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom