Too Hot..... Shutting down for a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
ditto, my folding is going to be pretty irregular over the next little while. Abandoned the wife and slept in the basement last night. Just too freakn hot out. The comps really don't help the situation. At our house the basement is usually the cool zone but I've noticed that with both rigs running + the plasma and HTPC it's heating up there fast.

lol i already did that all last night with my comp. Went out and bought a fan as well because its just too bloody hot. I heard on the radio that toronto hit 43-46 with the humidex....

I haven't got there yet, but I have the central AC set for 67F. ;)

my wife loves the heat so we've never gotten to the central air thing...we have one window unit that ran 3 days last year (all three days of my LAN, amazing how much heat 12 computers and guys can kick out). I've had it going 5 days straight just this week. The window unit barely keeps it livable for me on the main floor. The upstairs is out of bounds on these days.

80F? Geez, that's way too hot for the house. At least to my reckoning. :p 70 is OK, but I like it cooler. Living here in the South, A/C is a need and not a want.

Trust me, jfen, your wife would use it if she lived here.

trotter, she probably would go for an ac unit with these temperatures as a constant. I don't think she'd be up for it long term. We've been hitting mid 30s here with a "feels like" temp of well into the 40's when the humidity is factored in. 100+ F just isn't for me at all...I melt.

BTW, happy happy joy joy...my smart meter arrived today, down with the folding rig.

^ya, that was a crappy day when we got ours. Its complete BS. The main hours of the day are like 9.7 or something, compared to the old 4-5 or what ever it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom