Thinking About Folding

Status
Not open for further replies.
If using the systray theres a simple pause when done.. that stops it from getting a new one, so when you know your gone for a while, you do that.

As theyve said above, deadlines on wu are like 3 days for the quickest/shortesdt gpu wu, yet my 8800gt does it in an hour and a half. My 260 in 58mins.

Cpu units are bigger, and a standard client will be 50days final, 30 days prefered aa extra pts, but my 2ghz laptop does it in day and a half straight. This is a big unit though, others vare usually 30 days final.

I take pms to try and help, but you gotta assk burn for the super units.

Wow I already have a badge haha. I wasn't able to install it yet, hopefully I'll be able to tomorrow though :).

I saw a name on the Folding stats page I didn't recognize and thought it was you. I found the actual owner of the name and have added the badge on their account. I will leave yours as you will be starting up shortly.

^you know ecniv hasn't been here since 2006 but he's got a badge lol, bug mebbe?

edit: o wait, my bad, he was folding from aug-dec I think.

He is still currently Folding for us. It's a shame that someone who hasn't been here for over three years is still cranking out WUs for TF... but those who are here now aren't.

Ok I think I have it up and running. I tried installing the GPU Client but it said it didn't support my GPU or drivers (probably because I had so many problems with installing drivers I might have leftovers in places, same with CCC remains). So I'm just using the normal client. Installed F&HMon too.

This is going really slow, is 2% after 34 minutes normal? The deadline for it is in 35 days, it just doesn't seem right.

ya, the 5870 is a new beast for f@h. from what ive heard not many people have gotten it working...

i have heard though that you can trick f@h into thinking the 5870 is an older card (4800 series) but it willl perform like an older card.

if you'd like i can do some digging and find out how you can get your 5870 folding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom