This sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Either our compressor, compressor relay, or thermostat is going whako. The past couple of days and nights its been over 80f in here with the thermostat set to 68f and the compressor simply wont come on. I dont have enough amps going directly to my PC room to run all my stuff plus 2 window units so ill have to quit folding till Texas temps decide they wanna get with the winter games here. So i guess Pat can have #1 again for a while lol. :dead:

So i guess Pat can have #1 again for a while lol. :dead:
**** you, Mguire don't leave me with Mr folding psycho-path here!
Do I need to buy you a 140mm fan off ebay at the end of the month to cool off cpu ?
Do you need tuniq x2 grease to keep it cool ? paton turns violent when theres no competition around! :(

Don't make me or make (US) wait a month for you, I know where to find you! :D

Im back up and running. I have 2 5000btu window units running on full blast to keep my PC room frosty 24/7. Ive even managed to crank my i5 to 4.4ghz but my RAM says **** YOU!!

Either our compressor, compressor relay, or thermostat is going whako. The past couple of days and nights its been over 80f in here with the thermostat set to 68f and the compressor simply wont come on.

My outside unit is doing the same thing... I only have emergency heat though... so folding and Seti@home is what's helping heat my office! :p I don't know how old your unit is, but with the "new" industry standards, I have been told that mine can no longer be fixed. It has to be replaced. I'm going to the 4th opinion here after the new year...

Thats pretty interesting but seems costly since i have a 5 bdrm 3 bth house =/
From what im reading, it seems it would take a unit per room and then i would have those outdoor units everywhere around my house. Im probably going to upgrade to a brand new central system and install a 1 or 2ton system to my music/PC room as a separate system because i like these rooms cooler and want them to be completely sealed.

I just like this idea since I can close a room down that I don't use and not have to worry about heating/cooling it if I dont want to. My electric bill is out of this world thanks to a crocked house on a slab. (literally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom