Started Folding.... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd only need to overclock the shaders to get more performance for folding. OCing the core and mem as I've heard, don't do anything for folding, unless you just want to, for more gaming performance or something.

It's the shaders that make the difference, not the core clock. ;) Remember that and you'll be good.

{EDIT} Ninja'd by b1g!

Well that kindve sucks, cause my shaders dont overclock too well, my core overclocks like a beast though.

Right now my core is at 734MHz and shaders are at 1512MHz. Any higher on the shaders and it sometimes becomes unstable.

Sweet, Now I'm getting about 6900 PPD with those clocks.

well I have just started folding like 20 min ago. My previous encounter was about 2 years ago when i attempted to run it and it kept crashing, so I said forget it, until now.

It seems to be going good so far, but i'm a complete newb when it comes to folding. Where can I go to see my PPD?

pretty much same issues here....GPU wants to crash, gang up, blah blah.....smp wants to make my internet go extremely slow even though it'll never actually get new work...so I stopped :\

have fun and good luck with it though!

and yea, fahmon seems to be the normal thing to use to watch your PPD (i never could get that to work with the gpu client either :\) or you could just look at your sig..it tells you how many points you've gotten in that day so far (takes awhile to update though)

My shaders seem to have topped out at 1450. I have my clock set to 600 and my memory set to 999 (supposed to 1000, but meh). Fan sitting at 55%.

My current GPU PPD is 5918.4. My TPF is at 0:01:20. The current WU is only valued at 548.

PPD will always change, it goes up and down depending on what work unit is being processed.

Just let it run as much as possible to get the most points.

For example each of my 8800GT's are getting over 6000ppd with the new projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom