Setting up SMP in XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be better to use the x64 version?

I made the thread thinking I was going to be using XP for a while but my friend got windows 7 x64 on my flashdrive a lot earlier then I thought.

Did you update the actual fah exe to the latest version? Not the 6.29 MPICH installer, the standalone exe
http://www.stanford.edu/~kasson/folding/windows/Folding@home-Win32-x86.exe

It says at the top of the log that its 6.29, So it should be fine. As for the file, only the MCIPH matters for x64, the core clients are all the same.

It's getting a write error it seems, does the user have the correct permissions?

Also, you're still not getting smp units for some reason. Though t says its suppose to.

I have admin user rights on my account and I run the command prompt as an admin so it should work.

I tried running it again and for some reason its working now. All cores working at 100%. Hopefully this will help me rack up some more points :)

Oh and this is my 1000th post :D

Just when I thought I had everything working right I look at FAHMON and I'm only getting 5k PPD. Apparently my GPU is being down-clocked to 400MHz with the shaders at like 900MHz to save energy. I've got EVGA percision set a lot higher then that and I apply the changes but its still down-clocking my card.

Okay... This is easy.. Go into the gpu config tab and set the priority to slightly higher. Right now the gpu and cpu are fighting and the cpu wins

You'll lose 3 to 400ppd off the cpu, but gain 1000+ in gpu.

That's not the issue. The issue is my GPU is down-clocking itself to save power even though I have set evga precision to have it overclocked. I don't know how to stop the power save thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom