Setting up SMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, smp are all big...... reconfig to add big unit size, add the -smp -verbosity 9 and run it. It should d/l the core_a1

Also should say
Launch directory: C:\fah
Executable: C:\fah\fah.exe
Arguments: -smp -verbosity 9

And in the core required "
Core required: FahCore_a1.exe"

Man, i seem to be adding to problems today, not fixing things.

No, I don't think it was just because of big units...cause that ss was taken before I set it to big (have since switched to big and is OK). I think it was because I didn't have it as -smp in the first place, and some other problems with configuration that you figured out.

I might have spoken too soon...it keeps giving me "Timered checkpoint triggered" and not attempting to complete any more steps:

I'm definitely buying you a couple beers at the pub after this all gets figured out haha.

edit: It's since gone to 2%...do you experience those timered checkpoint things? Why do they show up?

every 15 min (default, you can change it) the client backs up the work files so if you crash or something you dont lost your progress. its normal

Ah ok great. Nothing to worry about then...but wow, an hour and 15 minutes for 2%! Holy crap.

Paton let's go for beers I'm buying, thanks again for all your help man seriously!

Yha tghe triggers are a good thing..... Mmmmmmmmmmmmm beer.

Um, 1 15min for 3% not bad.....

[20:00:53] Completed 5000 out of 250000 steps (2 percent)
[20:15:53] Timered checkpoint triggered.
[20:30:54] Timered checkpoint triggered.
[20:45:56] Timered checkpoint triggered.
[20:53:15] Writing local files
[20:53:16] Completed 7500 out of 250000 steps (3 percent)

thats 53min per percent! i get 526ppd

Once I get my 5870 I'm going to sell my 4890, probably pocket some of the cash and then buy an nVidia card to throw in a e2180 machine that's sitting in my office not being used. I'll take that home and have it run 24/7 as a foldie rig :D

Too bad I can't find anything lower than 9800GT and up though...expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom