Safe overclocking range for EVGA GTX260?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I've bumped mine up to 605 with shaders linked, haven't touched the memory clock. Fan at 55 and temp steady at 68.

Basically, what is a safe, steady clock for my card? I'm looking for a set range to set it at and am not up for trying to eek out every possible drop out of it. I'm just not that patient, which is the same reason I don't mess with OC my CPU... give me a setting and I'm good, but forget all the boot, set, reboot, test, repeat crap.

Are you using the stock cooler that came with the card? If so it's probably very similar to the one my XFX card has... Here is what I have for my card

Core: 626 - Not maxed but from what I understand the core doesn't boost PPD.
Shaders: 1566 - Maxed out and from what I understand the most important thing for max PPD.
Memory - 1152
Fan - 70% Temps are around 58C-65C depending on the temp of my room. But I do live in Maine and it is a lot colder then most other states.

That's the OC I got, I'm not sure if its good or not but the card cranks out WU's like crazy.

Stock cooler.

I've set it at:
Clock = 620
Shaders = 1600 (reading 1584)
Memory = 1150
Fan = 65
Temps sitting at 51.

Let's see how this does. ;) Thanks.

Have you tried running ATI Tool's scan for artifacts tool yet? When I bumped my shaders up that high and ran it my computer crashed, however your card could be a better OC'er then mine.

Not yet. Again, that's why I asked about a safe range. I will see how this does and will test it shortly.

I found I had to run alittle lower than what ati tool does. I'm at 605/1452/ unlinked obviously, else my eue rate went up badly. I get 8400ppd on 353s.

Foldings a beast on oc's. I get next to no eues on my oc, and runs mid 60's atg 55% fan.

Testing right now. i was getting artifacts so I dropped the shaders down to 1566 to give them a shot. So far so good. I will probably drop the clock down a little to save some heat.

as a general rule of thumb i've heard add 10% to the shaders and you should be good. on my 9800gt i have the shaders at 1620

temps are hot though, like high 70s... should be picking up a new cooler from slaymate though so then i can really see what it can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom