Problem I'm having with gromacs a3 core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
After waiting 30 days to get a big WU from stanford university my pc picks up a new big WU again on november 23rd.
On the first one it said it would take 6 days to complete but would not do anything at all.
I had to get rid of it because it had my cores at a 100% doing nothing, the next few WU loads said the estimated time limit said it will take 30 days to complete with only 92ppt given to me ?
My computer had to reboot because my network crashed twiced last night.
Finally, I got another big WU it said the deadline is due within 3 days 6 hours, my phenom ii says ETA to do that is 26 days ?

Currently my computer is at 3.5ghz I don't know if the slight over clock could be bugging folding@home but it shouldn't do this, I heard far worse happen to other people who over clock their cpus just to get 10,000 points.

Okay, you do know you're starting as a service correct?

Anyway, youre doing 26min tpfs. My e2180 is doing 45mins and my quad does it in 24 as well. So, it only really should, runing 24hrs, be 2 days. Which is okay speed.

I think I've maybe found another issue...You have the program in the my documents. That is known to cause issues, and as you see in youre unicore run, it had a communications error. I know vista can lock that area off to writing, not too sure on win7. I'd like to see you move it... but its up to you.

Its a simple move, by just copying the main folder with the exe to a folder out of the users area. I run mine in the main c drive.

So as i was saying, it was not the all in one program giving your problems ;)

You need to make sure that the program is in a read/writable folder like pat was mentioning.

I let my compueter fold for the past 2 days with a3 core it's doing things alot more better since moving in the windows directory.
If I had to guess it takes my phenom II X6 less than 21 hours to fold and uplod a WU.
To make sure everything is stable please look at my logs before the next WU folds by 6pm tomorrow night.
FAHlog.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom