Passkeys. Go an get'em

Status
Not open for further replies.
all a2's...

random question; do you think gpu3 will be able to do ati + nvidia folding on the same machine?

I'm starting to really not like F@H...everything is starting to give "bonuses". I know a lot of people are doing it just for sorta bragging rights..but this kind of stuff is just feeding that :| I know it shouldn't matter because even if it's a game to them it's still going for a good cause. But sooner or later to them it'll be like point inflation and get bored of it :\

everything? just smp WU's... also the points are completely abstract and worthless... they are just there to help track your contributions to the project.

and the people with huge farms arent doing it for the points, you think they are going to pay $100 extra a month in electric just for some points? they are doing it because they care...

I'm starting to really not like F@H...everything is starting to give "bonuses". I know a lot of people are doing it just for sorta bragging rights..but this kind of stuff is just feeding that :| I know it shouldn't matter because even if it's a game to them it's still going for a good cause. But sooner or later to them it'll be like point inflation and get bored of it :\

Well, If you want points, you don't run cpus. A nvida card will triple a cpu in points for less power.

Adding a bonus encourages more cpu folding, which folds bigger more complex units, thus getting harder research done.

Yes many do it for points, but remember points are roughly a measure of science, so in the end the science gets done.

The only reason that matters is why you do it, and not anyone else.

Burn,

I highly doubt you only do A2 cores.. A1 are more abundant, thus when 2s are low 1s goes out.

I checked my i7 log, all of them have been a2's... I remember getting an a1 a while ago, but it got me like a 10 minute TPF and cut my ppd by like 4 times... So I deleted the work folder and got assigned an a2.

not really... i just figure the more ppd, the more work i get done for stanford. my point is the WU was taking more than twice the time it normally took, so i thought something was wrong and tried to get a new WU to see if the problem still persisted...

and it was giving my VM issues anyways, which ended up in me switching to a diff vm image... by no means am i a points folder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom