New SMP2 negates using VMware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent had a failed SMP unit yet. I am getting more failed GPU units than SMP units.

Right now i show project 6021 for SMP. 0 completed to date and 0 failed.
Project 5772 for the GPU. 6 completed, 1 failed. I run my GPU at all times and turn off my SMP at times due to high CPU stress when running a browser with 5+ tabs open.

Hard to believe that SMP doesnt fail when i shut it down and the GPU runs all the time and it fails.

Of course i havent checked any logs to see why they fail.

Ah, durh. Don't mind me.

Well after I dialed my overclock back to 3.6ghz, a3's are cookin' along. Got HFM set up and everything, so I can see my actual PPD. Getting an average TPF of 8 minutes or so.

Mak, gpus are more pron to failing, as they run faster, and hotter.

The shear volume of gpu units the chances are just there. I like to say a 1-3% fail rate is exceptable.

Got the smp running on my folding rig today, it isn't oced though(have not had a chance to oc it any), im still getting 6k ppd though with the q6600 at stock, and a 6020 a3 unit. At the moment i have the smp running on my main comp as well, but it kept crashing the last time i tried, if it continues to crash im going to bring my oc down some, maybe just even 50mhz would make it stable, who knows. but at the moment, i am getting about 8.5k ppd on my i7 at 4ghz, again with a 6020 a3 unit.

Screen shot in Fahmon (no bonus calculation obviously, but i like fahmon better then hfm. I want to get my 260 in there so bad though, but i gotta wait like another week and a half. Ncix finally emailed me saying they got the psu, but i sent it out like 3 weeks ago, and they signed for the package a week and a half ago...
foldingscreenshot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom