The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdude425

Member (again)
Greetings and salutations, as many of you may or may not know tech forums has a folding team: a group of members who have affiliated themselves with this forum and actively participate in Folding@Home

Folding is a fairly simple concept...it uses availible system resources from your computer to help find cures for a number of problematic diseases by researching the folding of protein cells. The folding application is easy to install and use, and will never fight over resources when you have other demanding applications in use

For further reading:
Folding@Home Distributed Computing
Folding@Home
http://www.techist.com/showthrea...threadid=25049

How can you get involved?

Send a message to nitestick, Trotter or Ethereal_Dragon if you are interested in participating and if you have any questions/comments. Your name will be added to a list and in the future this list of people may very well receive added benefits from the forum

Then go ahead and download the client and follow the installation instructions. You will be prompted to enter the team number, which for Tech-Forums is 12864, as well as your username, and then you're done. Simply run the program whenever it is most convenient to you

The more you run it, the better it is both for the cause, and for the forum. There are thousands of forums which each have specific folding teams and they are ranked based on how much folding they can accomplish. The more folding we do, the more reputable our forum becomes. Furthermore, in the future, members who aggresively participate in folding@home activities may become eligible for certain privileges or benefits

Running the folding program will only cost you a bit more when it comes to the electric bill, but it's no more than running another small lightbulb in your house.

Why are we starting this again?

Folding@Home is an honourable cause and it only makes sense to support it when the end justifies the means. We have had an inactive and unmotivated folding team for far too long now and it's time that we change that and get on the map

What about signatures?

As you may know, Folding@Home has a specific image script you can display in your signature that shows your Folding@Home statistics. You may also be aware that our forum has rather strict signature rules (read), however, we are pleased to announce that members who participate in Folding@Home for our team are permitted to keep their existing abiding signature as well as the Folding image script.

For further reading, please refer to this

What other benefits do you receive?-Nitestick
I'm pleased to announce that we now have the F@H milestone clubs in place. There will be another thread posted in this forum which will contain all the members of each club. If you achieve a milestone we'll add your name to the list as a permanent reminder of your contribution, however the right to remove your name from the list is retained should you be banned or repeatedly break the rules etc. Check out the thread and userbars located here.Most importantly, KEEP FOLDING!!!

Cheers

Edit by Nitestick
ANNOUNCEMENT
Trotter and myself (nitestick) have now taken over duties for maintaining the F@H team so if you have any questions about F@H or adding your name to the list, feel free to PM one of us rather than bothering Gaara or Dave (DMo224)

Note: This thread is a continuation of the old Folding@Home thread. Many users, myself included, were having strange issues with posting issues, and it is hoped a new thread will resolve these problems.

tech forums Folding @ Home Team
  • gaara
  • Shumway
  • Apokalipse
  • Elbatrop1
  • Qiranworms
  • Vybuni
  • reggie_da_man
  • DMo224
  • Trotter
  • talldude123
  • toxicity_27
  • Ethereal_Dragon
  • theprofessor17
  • Nukem
  • PZEROFGH
  • macdude425
  • Hygor
  • Nitestick
  • Spork_2.0
  • The_General
  • lazer_viking
  • joshd
  • MrZucchiniHead
  • Phate
  • b1gapl
  • mac_mogul
  • Ecniv
  • hilowe
  • gruntwerk
  • Woot7800GT
  • Pullyalater
  • srl5049
  • Chris_PC
  • King_X13
  • UU-Trifid
  • Reggie
  • Luke87
  • Jam3s_zer0
  • j369852147412
  • Disillusion
  • Preacher
  • m3trj
  • HELL_HOUND
  • Homerj14
  • Ecniv
  • crysalis
  • Reggie
  • Jason
  • kfc469
  • Simon
  • hickfarm
  • COD2_fanatic
  • FghtinIrshNvrDi
  • nosbusch2005
  • Snake-Eyes
  • cvb724
  • Ellothar121
  • zmatt
  • sheky
  • Phantom118
  • motoxer4533
  • KingAustin
  • TheDiceman
  • TheEnd187
  • Deathawk
  • jpetroz4
  • Chris Chadwick
  • DioTheFalseWall
  • invisible
  • Ste
  • Philip
  • Silverlord
  • H4x3r
  • CalcProgrammer1
  • prvrt
  • SamPNE
  • TheRascalKing614
  • Sinci

Well, I finally passed the 100 WU mark. On the plus side, Phantom118 is now ahead of me, but my last WU kept me from losing my spot.

On the minus, my 24 hour average dropped from 102 to 59.

Ouch.

edited by nitestick: i added the folding team to this post

Thanks, and I hope this will resolve it and Continue to make our team grow! :) I still need some people to pass me... If they can... :p

I finnaly got over that glitch I had with SMP... I would have been stuck there forever If you had never told me how to delete WU's lol. Oh well, I guess thats why its still beta.

Top 10 here I come.

Still having the same Issue... Maybe because Its in the rule's form and maybe stuff needs to be approved before being posted here.

That shouldn't effect it.

EDIT: OK, that was weird... I just had to approve the posts made by Nukem and Phantom.

Thanks, and I hope this will resolve it and Continue to make our team grow! :) I still need some people to pass me... If they can... :p

heh..Don't worry, Nukem....I'll pass you in a couple of months.

That shouldn't effect it.

EDIT: OK, that was weird... I just had to approve the posts made by Nukem and Phantom.

I know I am not on the team yet but could it be a sign of the problem returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom