The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, you were using really old drivers no wonder.

I use the 177.84, the latest CUDA drivers.

any 177 series driver is better than the 175 series, forget 3dmark.

Oh god, you were using really old drivers no wonder.
I use the 177.84, the latest CUDA drivers.
any 177 series driver is better than the 175 series, forget 3dmark.

Odd, nvidia is offering only the 175 series.

So I googled CUDA drivers, but don't quite understand what they are. Can you skool me?

When I get my other setup running, I'd like to max the ppds.

It basically adds new code to the drivers to allow GPU's to compute faster. nVidia is offering the CUDA drivers but only through a search.

Look here for more info: nVidia CUDA

Well thats where the Geforce Physx comes into play, which uses the technology as well.

But the main use of CUDA is to run programs on it other than gaming, making a gpu work as a bunch of cpu's through stream proccesing/parallel processing...and way faster.

Well thats where the Geforce Physx comes into play, which uses the technology as well.

But the main use of CUDA is to run programs on it other than gaming, making a gpu work as a bunch of cpu's through stream proccesing/parallel processing...and way faster.

That's what i figured too. Well, i'll leave that till my folders built.

There we go, now your getting the right ppd.

I had to back off the clocks on my folding rig, because one of the cards was running extremely hot (90C!!) apparently the stock cooler sucks already as we all know, and its caked with dust which makes it even worse.

Ill be ordering another AKIMBO dual slot cooler in a few days, and ill move both the cards in there and oc them again. Ill be running the msi 8800GT in my main rig instead, since its a 512mb instead of 256mb which aint cutting it for crysis warhead.

EVGA | Products

Ybha, my cards only hitting 75, but........ I forgot to click run at startup, so it's only at stock, of 650/950, but is a 512 card

The 8600gts is a ssc clocked at 725mhz but 256meg. The casee i got is old and not great airflow, so i'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom