MEDICCCCCCCCCC........ Sorry Jim he's dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord, I'm gone for almost a week and this happens ? :\ anyway paton I know your top super chief around here and you don't have to take my advice but do this.
When ever you have a smp doing a a3 unit and the ppd say it's going to average you over what you get if you are halfway done say at around 70%.
Stop the SMP client and close it back up the folder to a 512mb flash drive, reboot and wait 1 hour and give your system a chance to cool off.

I usually do that because I know my phenom ii isn't invincible and I do stop it for 1 hour.
If stuff starts to become nutty on the pc, you gotta realize the cpu might need a 24 hour break.
So keep all that in mind, I know you've been folding harder than me but, I see things blow up faster than you do patonb.

And that good sir is not good for anyone when stuff blows up like the 4th of july...

I paid about 230 for the cpu, so if it poofs..... oh well, i'll get a 6core xeon. :)

For a time thing, i do an a3 in under under 5hrs usually, and the temps are 60C or less so I'm not to worried on the poof issue. But thanks Mike.

P...... I will run som big adanced units, but when I'm finished tweaking my system and done all my program installs.

So we'll see.

BTW this is where I'm getting my info Folding Forum • View topic - Frame Times on BigAdv A3 projects.

Wheres yours from.

EDIT

I think I'm reading the points wrong...... I think its 36000 points in a day for a credit of 70+k pts

Yha totaled out at 98k for the day.

I'm really fighting hard to not shop ebay for a dual xeon big machine... it'd be only 1200 total for quad 5530s and make 55-60k for under 500W. Then get a sr-2 for 100k!

Man i need more hours.

View attachment 4601

Attachments

• ppd wow.jpg
    ppd wow.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom