locked log file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfish

Intelligent Metalhead
I recently decided to try folding. I thought everything was going alright until yesterday I looked more closely at the app data and noticed that it was giving me error messages. Every time I start it up it tells me two things:
'mpiexec' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
The file FAHlog.txt has been locked by the operating system and cannot be opened for writing.

I checked, and, sure enough, every time I restart my computer it cannot access the last checkpoint and has to restart the entire process. Any help?

If its a console, you need to run it in its own folder out of the program files and app data. There becomes permission issues with the folders if its in one of windows "special" areas.

I set mine to be just C:\fah\

The tech forums folding@ home guide.

Okay, now i'm really irritated. I FINALLY finished the first batch of CPU assignments... and then they failed to send and the client crashed. AAAAHHH

It gave me this message:
[15:24:01] Completed 500000 out of 500000 steps (100%)
[15:25:07] DynamicWrapper: Finished Work Unit: sleep=10000
[15:25:18]
[15:25:18] Finished Work Unit:
[15:25:18] - Reading up to 20317968 from "work/wudata_01.trr": Read 20317968
[15:25:18] - Checksum of file (work/wudata_01.trr) read from disk doesn't match
[15:25:18]
[15:25:18] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FILE_IO_ERROR
[15:25:22] CoreStatus = 75 (117)
[15:25:22] Error opening or reading from a file.
[15:25:22] Deleting current work unit & continuing...

Sorrty, read this yesterday but was time strapped.

Your error means this:
These errors indicate an I/O hardware problem or perhaps an AV program preventing FAH from writing/reading certain work files.

Exclude the folder and exe in your AV. With AV do you have?

Oh. I have AVG- the free edition (my trial Internet Security edition expires in a week or so). I turned off the firewall so I could access homegroups. And I might have a hard disk problem- I can't even count how many errors my Windows has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom