Little announcement for all folders who do seasonal folding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Here in the USA region things are starting to get a little warm isn't it ? :D
Also those of us that do most SMP folding during the winter up until late spring.
We ask and I ask personally, to keep tech forums folding goal for alheizmers going, if you can fold atleast once a week or twice every two weeks it would help us out.
Those that are not part of USA, and are starting to fill the frosty breeze of old man winter, please take over our place until the seasons change... :(
We don't want to see your lights get cut off due to a bill thats way to high.

Yep, I know most of us have bills and do not want to see our favorite mail man who gives us our 150.00 packages and letters to see that dreaded large white envelope..... @_@
The ELECTRIC BILL OF DOOM!!! yes, we can't afford 400+ a month on that, I know I cannot and live to talk about it later. :p

My point is, do what you can and what your willing to put in for this team, also like I mentioned tag team with a good member on here, that you constantly speak with.

I will officialy stop SMP folding on may 5th 2011, I will only put in 3709ppd once a month with the cpu and only have one GT430 going from 4pm until 5am each day.
I will start up my core i3 in august 25th, 2011 when the tempature spikes should stop and begin to drop little by liittle before pre-fall weather.
If all that made sense, reply back here, with comments or suggestions, also for new members looking at this and getting ready for folding, this should explain some stuff to help you out and see how we roll with it every season. :cool:

MikeFuryXP

I've been running non-stop SMP/2 GPU as long as I am in the dorms where there is no real power bill. The issue is the A/C is horrible so the PC will overheat the room and crash. I had to lower my OC settings but it seems to be running well again. I plan to continue throughout the summer as well.

I'll probably get back into folding in the later half of the year... pretty sure my utilities will be a fixed rate where I'm living for college, so I can fold freely without killing my parents electric bill lol

I probably won't be folding much if any at all because my parents haven't been too happy with the electric bill lately.

I fold when I can but it's a lot less often now that others use my PC whenever I'm not around (most powerful + best maintained).

Yyha I pay my bills so unless we get another mid summer extreme heatwave, my i7 will fold away... to infinity and BEYONDDDDDDDDD!

CPU foldings the most efficient.... Just don't see alot of wu throughput.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom