Just Downloaded the Folding@Home thing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my name is Merlin_The_Viking I only pasted that number. How do I stop windows or waht ever it is from stopping it from starting when I boot up my pc?
When you start completing Work Units (Called WU from now on) then you will be added to the team.

Merlin_The_Viking Overtakes and Conquests - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats

Right now you have nothing. No WU, no points. You just showed up. That doesnt count as being a contributor when you start the client.

Oh, can I change it now then and whats wrong wioth it running automatically? How do I change it?
Okay you really need to learn to type what you want. As this makes close to no sense at all.

Start>Run>msconfig

In the Startup Tab will show you every thing Windows has starting up. Just uncheck the box.

Don't mind it runng all the time from time to time sometimes, how to I get a Folding banner under my Avatar?

Again wot?!? All the time down to time to time down to sometimes? So do you want to contribute or not? I mean just to try and get the banner under your name isnt going to help anyone. We need the WU complete. You cant just fire it up for a while and then turn it off after a few hours. That WU is lost and cant be completed by anyone else. We need these things done to possibly find a cure for cancer and other diseases. So it is either you are going to help and complete what you start or not.

If you are just doing it to get the banner under your name it will be short lived as we keep tabs on who is active folders. If we dont see production, and constant production from you, monthly you will be removed from the User Group and loss the banner. We check who is active at least once if not more times a month. We know the sites to check to see who is producing.

So when you start to finish WU and start to get points is when you will be added to the F@H User Group. Until then you wont see that banner come up under your name.

Right, sorry about the confusing typing didnt check what i had typed after I typed it. What I was saying is that I don't mind having it running while my PC is active and I'm doing nothing, what I also said is I don't mind having it running but then turning it off while I am doing somthing which is more demanding on the CPU. I have now learned that if you just exit the program then you lose all the work done, but you can pause the program.

Can I just check with you lot, but it is saying that it will take 3 days and 19 hours to complete, is this correct?

Quite possible.

I'd need to know your specs and the wu youre doing, its a number liker 4316 (2, 345 67)

What you should do is run the systray app version as it has a simmple click and go gui type interface, where you can pause asnd restart very easily.

To do that, you just install the systray app, than copy your working folder, all files and folders in tha fah folder, to the new one made.

Then remove the service, if that is how you set it up.

I am currntly running Core Gromacs.

The specs for my PC are:

Windows 7 64 bit,

2.2 GHz dual core CPU

2 Gig of Ram.

I will now download the app which you have recomended.

UPDATE: I have now downloaded the app which you say I should install but I think I already had it installed. I now have 2 Folding icons in the system tray in the bottom right of my page, but now the first one that was running has my user name and time etc there, while the new one just has the model of the protein.

Just checked and the first one I installed was the Folding@Home GPU and the one I have just installed is -the folding @home-86

Whats your gpu?

Well you've got the systrays now of both. You have a slow gpu, and a slowish cpu.

You can run both, if youre not getting any lag issues.

From the icons in the systray, you can stop or start them at will, as well as one unit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom