Interesting "folding vs network" problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
I recently got a new Belkin 300N Router for obvious reasons. (i was using a 54g :crazy:)
Now when I fold on my gpu and sometimes cpu my network card denies my networks existence. I can connect to other networks but not my own. The second I stop folding I'm back on the net.
fixes?

First i would have stayed with AVG, but to each his own. Makes sure automatic updates are turned off, make sure the firewall is not blocking any F@H processes- all the basic checks. Did this start when you got the new router? or after you switched AV progs?

Then, i would suggest re-installing your folding client, either SMB or the gpu one.

Also, F@H runs way more solid with a constant Ethernet connection, just a suggestion.

Well I've heard good things about both avg and mse as far as free goes so I was just giving it a taste. Can't go wrong with personal experience.

OK so for sure Its the gpu client I've given it all the green lights in mse and reloaded the client. no go.
I have the same problem on my folding/internet rig though that pc isn't running a gpu anymore so it doesnt matter it runs the cpu without a stitch.

Ethernet is a possible fix but I enjoy the creature comforts of wireless and It's not an issue of bandwidth when I'm running 300N dualband wireless on my main rig so I'd rather work around it

u may need to set a static ip for your router with DHCP turned off, belkin doesnt always do it automatically, search google for how to do this with your specific router....,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom