Inactive users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, that'd be 5 480ptrs, so on a 8800gt i think its more like 14-16hrs :)

But he said he had 0 pts

I'd like to see a screenshot if this please, thanks. Never said I had 0 points.

12 hours was a pretty good guess then.

Maybe he didnt realize that he left it on long enough for a few WU to complete and get the points which is why he thought he has 0 points.

Any chance that any of you guys can explain in plain english
what exactly this "folding at home" does? Are you sure it's not some
diabolical plan to take over the world?:eek:
If not , then I may want to join , as it sounds like a worthy cause
and my rig should be decent...maybe I can help the team!!!

Are you sure it's not some

PIPE DOWN! We don't want the FBI to know about it

actually it's a program that simulates how protein folds (behaves), when protein mis-fold (misbehave) you get whole bunch of disease, like cancer

each computer is assigned a work unit to simulate, and when finished the computer sends in the results, and the geniuses over in Stanford pieces all the info together to hopefully find cure to diseases.

more detailed description, and what have they achieved so far with F@H
Folding@home - Main

I'll be active again soon enough.... Had to take the 2 PS3's, and SMP client to cut down on electric bills... I paid off FIVE of my credit cards to a $0 balance this month, and have two more to go... then my only bills will be the house note, water, gas, electric, cell phone, internet & tv (seems like more than it is when I list it that way...)...

Soon I hope to be back on the team, and use my 2 PS3's, Q9550 and 4870 to boost the teams stats a bunch!!

Any chance that any of you guys can explain in plain english
what exactly this "folding at home" does? Are you sure it's not some
If not , then I may want to join , as it sounds like a worthy cause
and my rig should be decent...maybe I can help the team!!!

It simulates the folding of proteins so that they can study the growth of diseases and other biological matter. They have already made several breakthroughs from this.

For more info look here: http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/FoldingFAQ.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom