I'm back to folding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is wrong with my computers IDK what it is but I won't be able to fold much until its taken care of. I can boot from a disk so I can fold by booting from one of those folding disks. I know their is a disk for CPU folding, is their one for GPU folding?

*sigh* I guess I will run the SMP once I make the disk. I should get A LOT more points by booting from the disk then I did when I was using VMware because the e7300 does not support virtualization, so it ran terrible. I will be able to be in x64 mode and the program will have the entire CPU itself.

really? the i thought everything over e5400 did.

Did you turn it on in the bios?

eDit.

Oh wow... newegg says no, what a crappy deAl from intel

Yep thats why I'm starting to like AMD better. They don't do nearly as many sneaky things as Intel... But right now Intel is the best if you want speed and that's what I want.

How much do you think not having the virtulization tech slowed down folding?

Yep thats why I'm starting to like AMD better. They don't do nearly as many sneaky things as Intel... But right now Intel is the best if you want speed and that's what I want.

How much do you think not having the virtulization tech slowed down folding?

No 64bit means notfreds can't run smp. What ppd were you getting? my e2180 gets 5-700 on winsmp.

Yeah some of the Q8xxx series don't support it either.

Trolling newegg i seen that, and it seems very random which are.

I was using windows 7 in x32, I had an option to fold in x64 or x32. I was getting about the same thing as your E2180 with my E7300.

I downloaded the disk image and booted to the x64 option but it only wanted to set up instance 1. I tried going to x32 both instances started however when I go to the IP address it only shows instance 1 doing work and instance 2 is trying to get work. I think their is an issue with my motherboard or one of my cores is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom