I just singed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
I just signed up on Folding@Home and have no Idea what im doing right now. I get what its about but i dont know whats happening right now. I have a command prompt open and its stating Completed 630000 out of 1500000 steps <42%>. What is that about? Is it still installing?

No it is not installing. It is on it's way to completing a WU (work unit).

What are you folding with? CPU or GPU?

Congrats, and welcome to the team!

Honestly I dont know what im folding with. How do I figure that out. How do I put the bar in my sig? What does it mean by writing local files?

No it is not installing. It is on it's way to completing a WU (work unit).

What are you folding with? CPU or GPU?

Congrats, and welcome to the team!

Which client did you download from here?
Folding@home - Download the Folding@home software application

And since you don't know what you're really doing, I would suggest following the guides, according to the client you want to fold with:
Folding@home - Guide

I would also suggest folding with your graphic card, as Nvidia cards are very powerful for folding.

Here is where you can download the GPU clients:
Folding@home - DownloadWinOther
GPU client guide:
Folding@home - WinGPUGuide

Make sure you fold under our team name, which is 12864. And fold under your member name too.

The client I downloaded was the second one in the list. I figured out how to get the stats into the sig but how do I get my information in there. It should the member name hotrod. I did make sure I used our team number.

Which client did you download from here?
Folding@home - Download the Folding@home software application

And since you don't know what you're really doing, I would suggest following the guides, according to the client you want to fold with:
Folding@home - Guide

I would also suggest folding with your graphic card, as Nvidia cards are very powerful for folding.

Here is where you can download the GPU clients:
Folding@home - DownloadWinOther
GPU client guide:
Folding@home - WinGPUGuide

Make sure you fold under our team name, which is 12864. And fold under your member name too.

I don't see the old fah installation in my programs and features.

What information into where? Your folding name and team number into the fah program?

You've probably got the console version installed, if you don't know what you're doing that might be a bad idea. I suggest installing this one:
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/release/Folding@home-Win32-x86-systray-623.msi

Make sure you completely uninstall the old fah installation first though.

D-Rocks said:
The client I downloaded was the second one in the list. I figured out how to get the stats into the sig but how do I get my information in there. It should the member name hotrod. I did make sure I used our team number.
From which list are you talking about? The first list I showed?...or the second list with the GPU clients?

The one that soulphire linked you to, is the CPU client. But I really think you should be folding with the GPU client instead.

And why under hotrod? There's like 5 other people with the same name in different teams. Use your D-Rocks name, so it's easy to tell who's folding for us and what not.

I just suggested the CPU client coz it's easy to setup and get going etc.
After that yeah install the GPU client too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom