I hate You jfen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thats all i gotta say to that.

You don't need to talk patonb, your the one who's held the charts up for the past few months. :)
You just told me flatout folding is not supposed to be about points only which I know, and your trying to go for global domination by getting a higer end i7 sandy bridge or that xeon that has you in a head lock ?

Pfff, thats a real good laugh for you patonb, you keep neglecting the fact if soulphire mguire and even dogon kmote comeback soon folding very hard you and I and most of the folding team can hang it up until early summer and the beginning of fall when you all start fighting for number 1. :D

Its not the points, its his ability to run that many machines.... Hes got atleast the 1 2600k going and his fermis..... Any 2600k can whip me good, 20k ppd over my i7 is possible. Big Advc is the most efficient way to run, Love to see the others run... Aznd Soul has run a few.

Yha once I figure out my taxes and Soul can be reasonlly bargined with, I think a 980x is in my future.

Btw the fast machine is a 4 socket 12 AMD beast! I think 180,000ppd on it alone!

You don't need to talk patonb, your the one who's held the charts up for the past few months. :)
You just told me flatout folding is not supposed to be about points only which I know, and your trying to go for global domination by getting a higer end i7 sandy bridge or that xeon that has you in a head lock ?

Pfff, thats a real good laugh for you patonb, you keep neglecting the fact if soulphire mguire and even dogon kmote comeback soon folding very hard you and I and most of the folding team can hang it up until early summer and the beginning of fall when you all start fighting for number 1. :D

Lol, I'm having a hard time figuring out that message but it sounds like you're ragging on patonb, which is unfair, the guy is a class act and keeps most of us here folding MUCH more efficiently than if we were trying to work on our own. He's sent me pms to help me up my points, he's in it for more than his own points and is our folding captain. +rep

edit: forgot to reply to the original message! Muahahahaha! Catch me if you can! I have the 2600k and the 480 folding on my current rig and the 260 on my htpc folds intermittently.

Yeah jfen I know what your saying, read that message one more time closely, and you'll notice I was only picking at him a little bit. :)
Yeah he is the bread and butter that keeps team afloat, but we all play a different role in folding.
SInce I have learned a few good things from him and started to perform some other tricks and look at how the way can others do folding or not expense wise, has made me want to step from being a regular folder.
To someone who uses their technical experience and help people with this.

Patonb does indeed have his eye on a new xeon or sandy bridge i7 for 1000.00
If you don't believe me look at the christmas folding thread we had last year.
The man is gong-ho to take it to the extremes, thats why he will be known as mr.hard folding pyschopath!:D

Patonb does indeed have his eye on a new xeon or sandy bridge i7 for 1000.00
If you don't believe me look at the christmas folding thread we had last year.
The man is gong-ho to take it to the extremes, thats why he will be known as mr.hard folding pyschopath!:D

Sounds good to me, the more folding that gets done, the better, regardless of who's doing it. I went folding psychopath for a while on my quad 8800gts but that was killed by the smart meters that jumped my electric bill too high to continue a dedicated rig.

The most cost efficeint folding is big advance on a i7 2600k... 50,000ppd and only uses like 300W. Though an evga sr-2 and dual hexs will do 150k and draw 500W, but cost $2500 for cpu and boards.

A 260-216 uses 180W and only makes 8000ppd.

My next plan is to go hex core.. possibly Souls 980x. And my 950 as well. Those 2 would be almost 90kppd and as much power as i'm using now.

Folding is my only money pit..... I rarely eat out and don't have any hobbies.

We can easily fix your problem you know, let me come visit for a week and I'll make sure by the time I get back on the plane for GA you'll be Mr.cool and the breez type man when I get through. :cool:

Seriously though patonb don't spend your last buck on your computer stuff, I know it's not easy for you at the moment but don't let a pc be your only joy in life.
If my mother didn't fully own our cockerspaniel his butt would be mailed to your home by expedited priority mail shipping.

He's very playfull and very smart at his age, sometimes though he won't shut up at some points and he will break somethings by accident.
Other than that I would let you keep him but my mother would murder me if anything happened to him. :angry:

If you really want to do something use your tecnical skills outside of the monitor or use other strong skills that you have that will prevent you from being locked up in a house nonstop. ;)

I never over spend...... If i wanted, I do have the funds, but there is no sr-2 in my stable.

I do have a job....... part time contract, but i do work, and I do fairly well...... sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom