Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do actually read the guides, by the way. I set up the client as directed by the stickied tech-forums guide the first time I installed the client. Please trust me when I say that something's up. I have experience with FAH on my CPU, and although it wasn't pleasant, it was successful. My CPU used to run multiple WUs a day, even with two clients running at the same time and all sorts of issues. Today, I let my system fold all day long. My CPU client barely got 1% of a WU accomplished by the time I got home. This is clearly not what it should be.
I know that I am impatient, however, I'm not an ignoramus and I do follow directions. I don't expect my client to run a thousand work units in a day, however, one WU in one hundred days is outrageous.

Yha it is...

Like i said you have, or had a service running. And i think its bonkers off that.

Please try and get rid of that one first. Then the smp is easy to setup, aqnd you seem to have the manual one setup fine. To run it as - smp 5 just add a 5 to where ever you added the smp flag. The 5 tells the program how many cores to run on.

PM me if you want too.

The client that's running in the background is some different client that I tried out of frustration. I think I uninstalled it, the problem is that I have no idea where it's running from. What show up on the perfmon are the cores themselves, and those are located in the appdata files separate from the program itself. I remember that I didn't put it into the programs file, and it was somewhere random in my system. I think I tracked it down, but I won't be certain until I restart my computer.
I added the -smp 5 where I put in the -smp 6, and I'll see if it affects my GPU client at all. Thanks for the tip.

Okay, this morning when I booted up I still had two cores running but after I closed them like yesterday my CPU has been folding a little more efficiently. I've left it on all day again and I'm at 42% right now. That's definitely an improvement over yesterday. The only changes that I made were the -smp 5 and the deletion of some previous FAH folders.
Once again thanks for all the help.

I think the server just went out. The past hour my GPU client has been trying and re-trying to send the finished WU and it hasn't succeeded. It just now came back up- but I think my client gave up trying to send the WU. Oh well...

There was a nasty power outage this morning... around 4 or 5 the electricity went on-off every five seconds for a half hour or so, then out completely. It came back on before I left, but I was wary and left my computer off, so I didn't get any folding done today. When I turned it back on upon return, it first gave me a message from my GPU client that another client is running under machine ID 2, something I haven't seen before. When I tried to click on the icon again I was greeted with a BSOD. I have my PC up and running again, and this time it turned on no issues. Should I be worried? note: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom