GPU folding performance list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yha O-town... I'm even sadder.. Born in Winterpeg, grew up in Cold lake Alta, Petawawa, Germany, and Halifax, then moved to Ottawa after I broked myself.... Now I also work out of Edmtn, in the oil industry, from home.

Don't know what to say bout the card, othner than foldings hard on cards.

Yeah, don't know what's wrong with the card....am going to have to re-install it again and see if that does anything, if not I'll have to try it on another system maybe, see if its the card or the comp, i have the quad folding rig which is still yet to be built, still waiting on the cards. First two should be here anytime....then again I've been saying that for weeks :p

what problem??

The 9800GX2 was the fastest previous folder, and set up the same way.

Right now im getting 14,938ppd from mine.

Sigh*

Not like that. I meant, dont you need to disable SLI and run two clients or something with cards like the 295?
The spreadsheet only showed results for half the card then technically yes?

Sigh*

Not like that. I meant, dont you need to disable SLI and run two clients or something with cards like the 295?
The spreadsheet only showed results for half the card then technically yes?

well its not a problem, all multiple cards are run the same way.

The 295 is a sandwich, so yes you disable SLI and create two shortcuts with different machine id's to fold. You can keep sli on, but only one core will fold.

Results vary due to the work unit, but i get from 10,000 - 16,000 ppd depending on the work unit. 5,000 - 8,000 per core.

It doesnt change the fact that its the fastest folder, with the fastest single gpu card being any overclocked GT200 card with the full 240 shaders.

I should see how much i can get with my 3 285s :p Maybe next time a cold front comes through and i need to warm up my apt. If i left my rig folding 24/7, it would be 90F in my apt all year round, and well, we cant have that.

Im probably gonna step up my core 216 to a 285 soon... too bad it won't be an increase for folding. Did you get my new pm about the gpu folding rican?

well its not a problem, all multiple cards are run the same way.

The 295 is a sandwich, so yes you disable SLI and create two shortcuts with different machine id's to fold. You can keep sli on, but only one core will fold.

....I know that all those sorts of cards work like that (GX2 models, GTX295). Geez...
I simply misworded something.

It doesnt change the fact that its the fastest folder........

I dont beleive i ever stated it wasnt....

Are you Folding, Zed? With all the questions and opinions you have on this you should be.

P4 will fold. I used to Fold on a socket A 2000+ when I started. WU's are WU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom