GPU core download error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Like it says, was trying to install f@h on my htpc, an extra few points here and there when it's running. Anyways, after installing CUDA and the suggested driver I installed the latest and f@h gpu client for nvidia and then I get that error....tried re-installing everything, firewalls, different drivers, etc...nothing seems to work, just keeps trying over and over again to download without success.

Decided to install it on my wife's comp for the heck of it and re-downloaded everything and have the same problem on hers....I've installed these clients close to 50 times now between my folding rig and everyday rig and have never gotten this problem....have no clue what's going on now.

Any guesses?

Comp one: XP 32 bit - X2 4400 with 250 gts
Comp two: XP 32 bit - X2 5000 with 9800gt

Using gpu 6.23 and CUDA 2.3 for XP

I did some searching, tried a couple of things but no changes yet....let me know if you think of anything, you and rican know more than I do about this stuff.

I'll try again tomorrow, fresh installs, give it some time. Maybe try and older client.

Well...after re-booting last night, they both just started working. Problem must have been at their end, too bad it took up so much of my time in this re-installing and looking up etc...wasted hours of my life on this.

I've run into that problem before and a reboot did seem to fix it. Weird, but it works. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom