Going on holiday, F@H

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could EASY write a script which starts f@h after a certain period of inactivity. No probs there. I'll see if I can write you up something today.

hmm, i would not worry about it. if you want to run the fan at 100% then do it. for a week of continuous 100% speed should not hurt it. it was designed to be run at 100%.

also it's a XFX, if the fan does fail then you can just send it in to them for a replacement.

I see no reason to run fans at 100%.

With all my cards i find a sweet spot....i keep the temp monitor open and find a balance between cooling and noise. Ambient temps make a big impact on cooling, i have to shut half of my cards down at night because my room gets too hot.

When i move into my own place, ill be able to run the ac colder and wont have to shut the cards down. And if you notice, once you go past 60% the cards really dont cool any better, all youre doing is moving around hot air.

I'll second...third...fourth, whatever its at now that motion. Even in my quad gpu rig I have them running at 70% and it's fine....still sounds like a jet taking off but not as bad as at 100%.

The fan on my GPU runs 100% 24/7... but it is a case fan so it is pretty quiet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom