Folding upgrade coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
if my business starts up well then i will have quite a bit of hardware folding mate, so you may have a big challenge on your hands rican. i will have the capabilites of:
2xhtpcs (capable 1 gpu each)
my main rig (capable of 2 gpu's
folding rig (capable of 2 gpu's)

i have the potential of 6gpus folding
2 of those being 9600gt's and one a 216
if i get another 3 216's my ppd will be: 35,800
lol, yeah right like that will ever happen (unless i start making A LOT of money)

lol @ challenge.

I already have almost 5 million points, and ill be coming back with over $30,000 in the bank. And as of right now i already have 4 gpu's folding, and another in the closet ready to fold.

And my other job will still be there when i come back, so im good. I would have had more hardware folding but this deployment just came up, so i put the apartment on hold.

Oh, and running costs and heat become a major issue, just ask jfenwick.

Oh, and running costs and heat become a major issue, just ask jfenwick.

Amen to that brother....I'm trying to figure out some cooling option for my office, once the heart of summer hits I'll have to shut down the folding rig if I don't figure something out. I've been considering modding an old psu and building a custom window unit with a number of 120mms that i can can just use as intake/exhaust in the room at night and during the day. It's a small oddly shaped basement windows so I'm limited on what i can do to exhaust all this hot air coming off my systems.

As for cost, yup, about $25 a month right now above normal bill.

It's the running costs not the purchases that cap my contributions. I have another 4 cards in the house that are 8800gts or better than could be folding but I'm not willing to dish out that much cash. As it is these 6 cards are pretty much my max for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom