Folding team promo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
hey guys.. lately i've been thinking of how to promote people on TF to fold, and have no ideas.. maybe an admin could make a "blanket" post that shows in each forum/sub forum that re-iterates that we still fold? I know we have a sticky about it with the announcements but TBH when I first registered here I didn't see that for quite a while.

Anyone else got any good ideas? Maybe we could like a raffle for people that join the team... and then whoever wins... gets one of Jfen's gpu's :p

a banner type thing would be cool, like something that says "T-F Folding Team" and when you click on it it either goes to a fah thread or the Fah section of the forum. Like on the right side of the search bar at the top of every page.

A banner is doable. Larry would have to do it, of course, but the skin is set up to allow one. The main page can also do an ad on the left side, possibly the right. I'm not sure of the sizes.

Toss out some more ideas. who knows what may come of it.

The big issue is we blow the 10k 50k ribbons in like a week with decent gpu folding.

We had a bigger team, Till Evga stole alot with there upto 100 evga dollar promotion.

Saddly, the forum/site isn't big, as say tom's, that they can get factory demos and trinkets, which they can randome draw prizes with.

But, 90% of the world is more imaginiative than me, so carry on good sirs.

Lol, I'm going to have to pass at the handing out of my gpus.

As for other recommendations:
- Special titles maybe? Something like the "moderators" for active folders?
- We need some nice tags, someone with some skills could put together some nice 100k, 250k, 500k, 1mill, 5mill, 10mill etc... tags. Or ppd tags...maybe a folding king tag for prvrt and other titles for top 5 or 10?
- What about sponsorship? Offer some of the retailers free advertising for a period for give away swag?

Anyways, that's it for off the top of my head...don't know about the feasibility of it.

If someone can make a nice Folding badge roughly the same size or smaller (100 x 20 or less) than the mod badges I can create a Folding usergroup and put the badge as the default title. ;)

Maybe use the F@H icon and the words "TF Folding Team". Just make it a different color than the different mod badges, as well as a different visual style.

quick little thing i did in about 10 minutes... maybe we could get someone (baez?) with a little more talent with this sort of thing to make one. anyways here is mine
trialtag2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom