Folding as a stress test

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Well I figured since it's the single most demanding process it would but I wanted to make sure it stretched all the muscles and not just the core clock but the shaders and all.

I've found Folding to be pretty good at CPU stress testing, though it's not as "fast" as IntelBurnTest or LinX because it can run for several hours before it crashes while other tests will crash faster. Also it doesn't heat up my CPU anywhere near as hard as LinX. For GPU it does push it hard (though I'm on ATi, may be different with nVidia) but it doesn't get anywhere close to the heat output of some benchmarks (the Final Fantasy Online benchmark gets higher temps on my 5870 than folding and most of the games I play on it).

^It doesn't heat up my CPU as much as LinX either, but even if I can run LinX for 24 hours, it's no guarantee that FAH will run that long. a 24-48 hour FAH run guarantees a stable LinX run though.

Well it's worked so far as a great test I got my 880m to 736 core clock stable. I got to 745 and it wigged out until I was back at 736 so I found that sweet spot now I just need to do my memory clock.

EVGA Precison Won't let my shaders go over 948 so I guess that's that.

Once I'm moved I might try and get the gt240 over 594.:thumbsup:

Well, when I was OCing sometimes I didn't passed on intel burn test and I could run folding for more than 48h... I would trust on intel burn test first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom