Folding rig sponsorship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good reply...

With i7/5/3 coming out, alot of peopled are switching from 775 chipsets, and can help the cause.

Getting a rig or 2 under a tech-forum name is what got suggested on page 5.. or whatnot.

Thanks Larry.

I reckon that's a great idea, having a page for all the TF folding rigs. Bill already offered to donate one case, maybe we could send all the rigs we get to him for a custom look. Obviously we'd have to compensate him in some way, or maybe he'd be ok with the extra coverage showing off all his great work.

SO, when do we start with step 1? Lets make it a simple build hey, just an i7 with 6Gb ram, a gtx 260, etc. The usual 'solid' build.

What about the 6 core CPU's that AMD is putting out? Although from what I've heard Intel CPU's fold faster then AMD ones but the two extra cores could make up for it.

Why not just start a small 775 based rig and get something up and running?

Theyre cheap, getting decent results alone, and any nvidia card will do well.

Then lets get bigger...

In that case, I've got a 775 chip I can donate. It's semi-lapped already too (only up to 1200 grit)
I think it was a P4 Dual core 3.0Ghz

I can also donate teh mobo and ram.

okay...

so it seems that for now --- TF gets a member rig folding.

1) Mak already said he will "host" the rig at his place, etc.
2) i think every send the parts,etc to Mak
3) Mak can get the rig online, etc. and get it folding

at that point, the project will be a success (for step 1) :)

TO build momentum, i think the following will do "more than you know", while step 1 is being completed, which to:
1) take pictures of you and the part(s) you send [example: wrapping up the part and dropping it off at the mail box/post office]
2) make sure we keep track of the members sending parts (a list if you will)
3) take pictures building the machine, getting it online, etc.

IMO, the story line is this: TF members coming together, sending parts from many locations to one house -- sending 'computer parts'.
These "parts" came together to be 'one rig' that does the unthinkable - Fold = save lives and enhance the quality of life!

anyway, you see my point --- we have pictures, a story, etc. we are giving the rig a personality, a name, a purpose, its own web page :)

when all this gets done --- it will set the stage for the other steps.

That is a good point. I like the story telling idea behind it, really adds a good touch.

I just wish I could give someone :C being a broke college student sucks :\

I still think someone should do a case mod for the member's case. I guess we could pitch in cash for supplies for that project too

what does that have to do with anything? lol

EDIT: nvm..i guess it's the lyrics about pictures lol. i never could understand games that use giant keys for swords :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom