Folding rig sponsorship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If exposure from this site meant that 100 more people each month went to check out their card lineup, then even if they gave us 3 GTX 295s it'd have been worth it for them.

Same thing applies for the Fermi cards

Still think its silly to get GT200 cards which will be a generation old in this top of the line folding machine considering an entire new range is due out soon.

Well, we should get something. I seem to remember something about 8800GS's being the best bang for buck PPD wise a while back, since they are pretty inexpensive. Maybe we can throw a couple of those in to keep costs low, and upgrade to fermi when it comes out? That way funds don't get spent on big time expensive GPUs that will be outdated soon, and just on a few lesser, MUCH cheaper cards.

but we don't have funds. we have (potential) sponsorships. unless we all want to donate $ for cards that we will end up not using, i suggest we just wait until we can get something like fermi from sponsors

but we don't have funds. we have (potential) sponsorships. unless we all want to donate $ for cards that we will end up not using, i suggest we just wait until we can get something like fermi from sponsors

FERMI! FERMI! FERMI!

lol...

Well, we should get something. I seem to remember something about 8800GS's being the best bang for buck PPD wise a while back...

Its now the 9800GT which is given that crown.

I guess it's a decent idea to plan to wait for fermi....

but like it's already been mentioned you guys need to be ready for the consequences. If nvidia gives us a fermi I'm sure they'll be some strings attached...and do you guys really want to not be able to suggest ati cards just because of a sponsorship? Giving us 1 card could mean 100 potential sells..but those potential buyers are reduced if we go around " oh ati is the best bang for the buck " and I'm sure nvidia will know that.

I still think we have a lot of planning to do.

What parts we are using

pros and cons of this

how we will handle sponsorships if they demand no recommending their competition

if we get no sponsorships where will the parts come from

and i'm sure there is more :\

I still say, get a upper end mobo, maybe even a dual boasrd, but run 1 xeon, which has to be if we run duals, a 3 x8 pci-e board, and upper end gtx cards.

Get a repotation, so when fermi does come, we have some clout to be worthy of a brand new card line up.

We currently have a moderately traffic website, but its mainly the forum. If we could have an expanded review section, and ****, even more or MNPCTechs crazy builds with pictures, as a rounded site, and not just a forum, would really help us.

I still think we should start moderately, build a decent reputation among the sites, and folding. Sorta like a resume, and then we can seriously hitup for high end gear, and have a reasonable expectation of getting it.

My .002cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom