Folding Questions

D-Rocks

In Runtime
Can I fold on my PS3 using the latest system update?

How can I get added to the team roster?

Last edited:
I don't know if ps3s ar still able to. Sony took the app out last I knew. Bedsides a low end nvidia beats it in points and power usage its not really a smart choice if you pay your own power bills.

You are on the team, but the "list" hasn't been touched in probably a year, so it's not that valid. Trotter ot Mak will have to do it.

Especially since only 3 of us put work out this last month i believe.

A couple of months ago I folded under the name D-Rock for tech-forums but than realized I was really D-Rocks with an "S". Is there a way to move my stats from D-Rock to D-Rocks?

no Standford, aka folding people don't do that. makes no difference really as its all goes to thre team, and ultimately it is science getting done.

I've folded under a few bad typos too, so meh.. it's just something that happens to us all.

Just cause I am curious and the thread title involves folding questions... what is 'folding' and what are you doing on the PS3?

Folding@home

Protein folding simulations, basically.

You download a "work unit," let your system (PS3, PC, etc.) run the simulation of the protein folding, and then upload the results back to Stanford.

Folding@home

Protein folding simulations, basically.

You download a "work unit," let your system (PS3, PC, etc.) run the simulation of the protein folding, and then upload the results back to Stanford.

That... is very interesting. Will DL this tonight and let my comp join in.

Is there anything I need to worry about though? Can other computers share something with mine which can be unwanted, negative? Is there a way to tell this program not while in use?

thanks for any replies.

No, there's no way you'll get a virus if that's what you mean.

If you don't want it to run, you can exit out of it from the system tray icon. You can choose when you want to and when you don't want to run it.

Only issue possible is if your system does not have proper cooling.

It will run youyr computer to near 100% cpu so if yuor system isn't properly cooled you may over heat.

It will also increase your power usage thus your bill wilk go nup.

Back
Top Bottom