Folding at Home Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-1 for knowing better, thanks again! I will have one rig running SMB for TF and the other a GPU client for EVGA(#2)

*off-topic*
Trotter nice to see im not the only one left who still rocks DFI lanparty SLI-D( will be rocking till it gives out, much love) and an X2( currently using X2 3800@2.8ghz)(yours is machester yes?), ha wasnt it fun picking apart the interewebs to find bios and chipset/sata/raid drivers for update to windows 7?( also running windows 7). I did find them though.

:D I had already moved up to Vista 64-bit, so I already had all the drivers I needed.

I can't complain about this s939. It has been a workhorse from the get-go. Too bad DFI doesn't put out the awesomeness that they once did.

ATTENTION ATTENTION VERY BIG NEWS ATTENTION ATTENTION

SMP no logner needs the deino or mpcih.

Just d/l the client, same as the unicore one, and just add -smp and ensure its set for big/large wu size.

Awesomesauce. The added simplicity might get more into the Folding cause.

Technically none that you see.

In the old smp, it would create 4 exes to run the wu, and to get them working together, you needed either the deino or mpcih app that combines things together.
The new a3 core now only runs 1 exe and spreads it out over the cores, so no more deino/mpcih. It also means no more need to supply an admin pass word for deino/mpcih to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom