Folding at Home Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this and not **** someone off, but my folding F@H client has slowed down to a crawl ever since I added my asus ati hd 4350.
Before I did this it had no problem folding decently with my old ati X1600T.
I was at home part of the day and watching the stats.
At 1:00am it was 15, 10:00am 30, 4:00pm 75 and between 9pm uptil now it is at 150.
I know you guys have a deadline with folding, but either video card or client program is slowing up pretty badly....
If someone like to check my stats over the past couple of days feel free to look to see if I'm right.
If I can get my wireless network adapter from china this weekend I am going to rebuild my old pc from spare parts for a second folding computer, but not unless things are going the way they are now....

Oksay.. did you flush your drivers and clean them out with drivesweeer etc?

Yhmm, sounds as if youre eue'ing.

I'd reinstall the clienyt, pain yes, but it sometimes hates gpu changes of such differences. Those cardws use different ati chips so it could be the issue.

Run through your logs and see if it crashed, you'll see corestastus 7a eue.

I'll try and help best i can, but ATI ain't my strong point.

Patonb, I just uninstalled the old F@H and reinstalled the drivers from ATI for my video card just now....
So far between 12:59 to 2:07 I am currentlt at 100/10000, looks to be stable again.
I'll either update you in this forum or send you a pm at 12:30am tonight and let you know if I am starting to lag again.
I wish I could rep you in this forum but I think I can. I'll look for another way to rep.
See you all tonight, gotta take care of a sick mother and errands right now.

Yha, let me know, and hopefully its solved. The FaH clients are picky sometimes... Don't forget to set it slightly higher in opriority if you have a cpu going.

And if you're not using enviromental variables to cut the cpu usage, you should look into them.

Ok, ever since the reinstall of drivers and F@H program, it's really very speedy.
Currently it's at 2800/10000 I imagined it should be done by early sunday morning before I leave for church.
One last question I've been meaning to ask, if I were to put the F@H client on my mom's dell would that work out if I do double the amount of work, and also would I need to use my current user name on that F@H dell computer or my old nick name: MadMikeXP ?

Just put in the same team number and user name as what you have on your setup. There's no limit to how many clients/machines anyone can run.

Great to hear its chugging... must be an 1888ptr.

Yha as Trotter said, just add your userf and team.. I run 2/3 computers And multiple clients per machine.

**********************************************************************************
ADDITION TO GUIDE

The smp section neds to have a blurb to double state that:

Ensure that A) You set it to recieve Big units, and B) In the Advanced settings of the setup, you put in the Addition Arguements "-smp -verbosity 9" as stated in the configuration part of the guiide.

Ah man. I really need to update that lol. I've been a little busy as school just started back up for me... I'll get it done soon though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom