Folding At Home (F@H) Nvidia + ATI GPU's Now Supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: folding on nvidia gpu

lol i never take the easy way out.
i will read over the info rican, thanks.
i think my best bet right now is to buy a mobo, ram and cooler (i have everything else) and build a small micro atx folding rig.

Unless you got 3 cards, is the power consumtion justifiable?

Uni processor folding is very small pts, and powering a whole rig for 1 gpu is wasteful in my opinion..

well, its justifiable in that it will give me something to do....unless you are paying my utility bill i guess i can do it if i choose. lol, jk that sounded rude but really...
it will be a light rig...
amd 3600x2 brisbane (at stock voltage whatever OC i can get from it), a micro atx mobo, 8800gts, dvd and small IDE hdd. not too much power draw. the mobo wouldnt let me use 2 or more cards anyways, only 1 slot.
when you say uni proccessor is small points, what does that mean? doesnt every little bit help? plus i would have the cpu folding on both cores at the same time as the gpu. i have one core that has done one WU today for like 1300 points (plus part of another from last night).
and this is dependent BTW that i dont get it to work having both cards in my main rig.

well, its justifiable in that it will give me something to do....unless you are paying my utility bill i guess i can do it if i choose. lol, jk that sounded rude but really...
it will be a light rig...
amd 3600x2 brisbane (at stock voltage whatever OC i can get from it), a micro atx mobo, 8800gts, dvd and small IDE hdd. not too much power draw. the mobo wouldnt let me use 2 or more cards anyways, only 1 slot.
when you say uni proccessor is small points, what does that mean? doesnt every little bit help? plus i would have the cpu folding on both cores at the same time as the gpu. i have one core that has done one WU today for like 1300 points (plus part of another from last night).
and this is dependent BTW that i dont get it to work having both cards in my main rig.

Well laaa-dee-daaa then :p

Yha the uni will net 200ppd, and yes every bit helps. But if youre using a butt load of power just for a few pts, then it seems, to me anyway, the power would be best used elsewhere.
1300pts is big units... you running an smp?

I guess 2unis and the gpu would be efficient of the power.. Remember though the priorities need to be set right.

the end

yes i am running SMP client on 4 cores, one on each.
gpu client on my 4870. ati = not so good for folding, but it is humming right along.
yeah thats what i figured, as long as i use both cores SMP and the gts 512, neither overclocked, i should be able to keep the power usage pretty low. especially my 3600, it can run stock on like 1.1V or something close/less/more (its been awhile) to that.
i think at stock volts i can get it to like 2.6-2.7 or so, if i remember correctly. of course, that was with a 590sli, not a cheap micro atx mobo.

as far as the priorities go, i think i have almost got that figured out.

Re: Folding At Home (F@H) Nvidia + ATI GPU's Now Supported

Moved from hardware troubleshooting and merged the thread to keep all the F@H stuff together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom