Folding At Home (F@H) Nvidia + ATI GPU's Now Supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: folding on nvidia gpu

Go to the location of the F@H folder. Should be C:\Documents & Settings\username\app data\f@h gpu and take a look at the log file. See if it shows anything.

i dont have that file. for me the log file of the cpu client launch directory is:
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-x86

but i dont see that file on my C drive.

plus i uninstalled the gpu client cos it was kicking my 4870 into high gear every time i booted up.

Hmm i thought there was a log file for the CPU client as well. Might have to PM Rican and ask him. He is the resident expert. Him or PRVRT.

rican is away for a bit remember.
i dont know when he will return but i will watch for him.

for now i will just fold on my cpu i guess.

looking at building a fold rig. i have an x2 3600, a 500w PSU, DVD, HDD and a gts 512 just sitting around and collecting dust. just need a mobo, 2gb ram and a cpu cooler to make a wee little folding rig. 100 bucks. maybe i'll just do that.

Hit up PRVRT. He would know. Send him a PM. He will respond when he gets around.

Yha, the gpu's need to have folders in the application folders, then get pointed to it in the shortcut. Don't forget theres suppose to be both an ATI and a Nvidia client.. Some make sure youre using the nvidia core.

so, for me, my 8800 is in the where Mak said.... XP, but would be where you said... Roaming files.

Then, you need to shortcut to that exe in the folder and add the -gpu 0 for 1st pci-e -gpu 1 for second... etc.

But remember..... You need the proper client 1st.
Folding@home - Download the Folding@home software application
Folding@home - WinGPUGuide

i dont see a different client for nvidia or ati, it shows only a download for the gpu2 client.

but, i found that you can force a gpu using -forcegpu nvidia_g92 flag. it says you can use -forcrgpu nvidia_g80 anyways, so i am thinking there will be a flag for g92 as well.
patonb the guide you listed describes how to set up multi-gpu's very well. i'll see how this works this afternoon. i think maybe my nvidia card has to be primary. the main problem i am seeing is windows not loading the driver for some reason.

Hmmmm, I swear there was an ati........ oh well, my bad..

I think you might just have a bad setup.... As i believe i've seen mixed gpus on FF.org.

Try the flag........ ijust read more on it too.

Rican is still around. ;) Check his topic. So hit him up and see what the master says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom