F@H - Team TF Milestone Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay thanks and in the console setup it never asks for anything about SMP so do I change disable CPU affinity lock to yes? That's the only thing other than Machine ID I can see that has to do with multicore. Or do I have to download the 6.22 version and not 6.20?

In additional client parameters I tried -smp and it said bad argument.

Okay thanks and in the console setup it never asks for anything about SMP so do I change disable CPU affinity lock to yes? That's the only thing other than Machine ID I can see that has to do with multicore. Or do I have to download the 6.22 version and not 6.20?
You need 6.22 from the high performance download page. Go for the MPICH version for XP first and see how it runs. When you install it, make sure it is not installed in the Program Files folder. Put it in something like C:\F@H. Additional client parameters is where you can add -smp.

Here is a pic of my FaHmonitor.
Mozart is a Q6600/GTX 260
HTPC is a Q6600/8800GTS
Laptop is a Dual Core
Main is an old P4

Pic of what the SMP client looks like.

You need 6.22 from the high performance download page. Go for the MPICH version for XP first and see how it runs. When you install it, make sure it is not installed in the Program Files folder. Put it in something like C:\F@H. Additional client parameters is where you can add -smp.

Here is a pic of my FaHmonitor.
Mozart is a Q6600/GTX 260
HTPC is a Q6600/8800GTS
Laptop is a Dual Core
Main is an old P4

Pic of what the SMP client looks like.

How were you able to monitor all clients on the network?

I tried but couldint get fahmon to do it.

Alright I downloaded 6.22 MPICH and set the parameters to -smp but now only my 4th core is working. Other 3 are completely idle. Machine ID is set to 6. 1-4 are disabled now (old single core work) and the GPU client is 5 and running with the new drivers.

Alright I downloaded 6.22 MPICH and set the parameters to -smp but now only my 4th core is working. Other 3 are completely idle. Machine ID is set to 6. 1-4 are disabled now (old single core work) and the GPU client is 5 and running with the new drivers.

Not quite sure it will run right with 1-4 disabled. I would let it run like normal on cores 1-4, set machine ID to 1 for 6.22. The GPU will use a little of core 4, but not much. You only have 4 cores to start with, so not sure how you are assigning work to core 5. Also, if you started 6.22 without -smp and it d/l a wu, it will have to finish that wu before it will d/l a 4 core wu and use the -smp.

No I just started 6.22 for the first time about an hour ago. I'll try switching it to run on ID 1. Have to delete the services now.

As for running them past 4 I didn't think it was possible either but the GPU has been working at 5 for a few days now. Core #2 was going slower than the rest so I assumed that the GPU was using it instead of 4.

Alright I now have CPU running on 1 and GPU running on 2.

GPU is running fine and CPU can't even start. I have both running as services.

CVB,

You have to start the CPU client first. Then start the GPU client. They have to be started in that order for them to both work.

I ahve done everything as suggested yet my GPU client will still only achieve 289PPD. I dont get it...

Cheers,
Mak

Still isn't working. I stopped the GPU client in services and then tried starting the CPU client. Then it just comes up with the classic "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."

Anything else I have to do other than install the MPICH, run config for F@H and set -smp? Do I have to run any of the other .exe's?

CVB,

Fully exit out of the GPU client. Shut it down completely. I always right click on it and click Exit. Then run the CPU client. Then the GPU.

It works for me this way. Maybe the smp clients are different??

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom