F@H - Team TF Milestone Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run a Corsair 550 with an OC'd quad and a GTX 260 OC'd. Running SMP and GPU 24/7 with no problems. The size of the psu does not affect power consumption. My other pc runs a 1000 watt psu with the same setup. They both pull the same amount of power, about 450 watts. Just because you might have a bigger psu does not mean it will use more power. The components in your system determines the amount of power you will use.

Power draw can be affected by efficiency though, so the same components will draw more power on a less efficient power supply.

Ok...for some reason after I updated my drivers to the 178.13 forceware...GPU2 doesn't like to work right anymore. It'll say it's working fine. Then after it sends the results for the current one its working on, it won't start running again. When I hover over the tray icon, it just say's "Results succesfully sent."

I've uninstalled it and reinstalled the first one on this page: Folding@home - DownloadWinOther as well as tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 2nd one (because it said it has a special nVidia viewer). Anybody have an idea on what could be wrong?

Well i left it going all last night...and i only got 500 points >.<

WHereas my SMP client runs fine...hopefully it'll smooth itself out...my averages are dropping like crazy :(.

I'll have to carefully watch mine to see if it's doing the same thing. Weren't these drivers supposed to speed folding up?

I'll have to carefully watch mine to see if it's doing the same thing. Weren't these drivers supposed to speed folding up?

Yeah, they're supposed to. And they did for me for a while...but the last couple days now this has been happening.

Getting 4639 PPD with a slighly OC increase (761 Core, 1902 Shader, 971 Memory), and the new drivers, vs the ~3700 PPD I was getting with the old drivers/stock 650/950 clocks.

Carnage, its the servers...not you.

If you pay attention to the F@H forums, you see whenever theres a server outage or problems. This is nothing, a couple months ago it was really bad and work wasnt being sent or received for a few days.

Im using the 178.13 drivers and i have no speed up.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the verification, Rican. Can't say that I've been to the folding forums, so I wouldn't know lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom